Pages

Friday 28 November 2014

Namast'ay the fcuk in bed

Haha I really loved this title. So the last three days have literally been full of shit. 
Trying to find balance in my life is not always easy...I'm now with less help for the kids and the balance between working full time and caring for two toddlers full time means looking after myself has slipped. There are days I am just so effing sick to death of being touched and cleaning up poo and patiently explaining boundaries to my children and patiently explaining exercises and rep schemes to my clients. I'm very tired of not hearing a simple thankyou and I'm extremely tired of not pleasing everyone. 
There's a lot of awesome in there too...the fact my children play well together and make mischief together is lovely, Eric makes me yummy food to fuel my pregnancy and hormonal preferences, I get to train with rad people and HELP people daily (and I do usually get many thanks for that!) to improve their lives, reach their goals and feel better about themselves. I've got a bunch of awesome friends that are amazing...when I get to see them!
Recently, I read an article about a mothers' shitty day...saying that we don't talk about the shitty days enough. I kind of disagree. See on social media (usually Facebook) people complain non-stop about their crappy days...And an informal social experiment I've been playing with has seen about 80% of people tell me how tired or busy they are when asked how they're doing. 
Social media can be poison. It's great for networking and getting a message out there, it's been a great marketing tool and really helpful for articles on health/fitness. However, when I see people boasting about how busy they are or telling the world how shit their day has been...I just wonder why? 
Sometimes I know people feel lonely or unimportant, feel like they're working really hard and don't get any recognition. Really, we all go through those feelings. Perhaps send a text to your friend instead, write a letter...do something nice for someone else. Spend your last $15 buying a girlfriend something you really love or spend half your wage on a Christmas gift for your boyfriend. Spend less money on your kids and put your phone away while you play with them.
Create real and meaningful connections. My plan for this post was to whine about how hard the last few days have been on me, but I realised that if I have time to write a blog then I'm getting more peace than a new Mumma feeding around the clock...I realised that even though a thankyou wouldn't go astray, yesterday my man gave me sunflowers which is appreciation at it's finest. I realised that I had to apologise to all of my clients this morning as I was in a really bad mood but because they all had a good giggle with me about it and just accepted me as I am,  I eventually shook my bad mood and am now feeling much better about my day, my kids and myself.
Definitely handstand walking 11m and holding a scorpion handstand helped, the sunshine helps, fresh organic food helps.
Writing helps and practicing gratitude for the little things can eventually change your perception.
Having a shitty day is pretty common, being busy is pretty common, kids being hard work is just what having kids is. So I'm going to get off my phone now and go hang with my rad little family and tomorrow I'm going to wake up in a better mood and be proud that I didn't just complain. 
Pregnancy update: I have no idea again how far along I am. Running is getting hard. Heart Rate shoots through the roof so I am slowing down my intensity and focusing on keeping my strength 90%.
Raine is feeding again normally...I'm eating better now, though my pants are getting too tight and I probably cry everyday about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment