The title: You have the power to change...
- your thoughts
- your intentions
- your actions
- your reactions
- your body
- your life.
One of my friends-slash-lovely-client made me the most DELISH vegan protein slice!
1 cup quinoa flakes
1 cup buckwheat puffs
1/3 cup protein powder
1/4 flax seeds
1/2 dried fruit ( any type you like)
1/2 cup nuts ( any type you like)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
Small block of dark chocolate Melted
1. In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients.
2. Place almond butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan and heat over a medium heat until melted, add vanilla extract and stir.
3. Pour liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well ( if to dry add a bit more melted almond butter)
4. Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread mixture out evenly. Pour melted chocolate over the top and spread into a thin layer.
5. Place tray in the freezer for 5-10 minutes or until the chocolate has frozen. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
I've been eating this for morning tea (after work & workout)...too yummy!
Finally I can upload pictures properly! Here is my "Sanity Stash"
This was essential to have by my bedside in that first month or so of hour-long nurse sessions practically each hour! It contains:
- Bamboo washable nursing pads (I had/have an oversupply so had to have at least three of these plus clean tops whenever I went anywhere!)
- Organic cloth terry squares...for chuck-ups, nappy, instant changing surface, makeshift bib, leaking boob soaker and yes even to wipe my tears. (ecoLinen organic cotton)
- WATER, all mumma's need to stay hydrated, especially when breastfeeding.
- healthy snacks (organic where possible) although I admit at one point I had 7 gingerbread men and 4 freddo frogs in my stash!
- hand sanitiser
- nipple cream, bottom balm, paw paw and other delicious lip balms
- books...oh I made the most of it! I simply LOVE putting my feet up and having a great excuse to read.
- and a notepad to record feedings etc...I was slightly anal about jotting down everything. This lasted a few months and includes notes such as "beautiful bubbah" and "f$%^king over it!"
Today I am also going to include an update about where DS, master Rivvy, is at. He is 10months old and I believe quite on par in terms of crawling (so fast), surfing furniture, standing alone for brief periods, pushing and walking behind things, bashing everything, pointing at everything and saying "mummummum" "da da da da" "bah bah bah" etc.
It is interesting that he is fed on demand (apparently not the "normal way" according to my friend :P) so probably still has 8-10 feeds in any 24hours. I try to feed him immediately before offering any solids as per the BLW guidelines and he eats breakfast of coconut yogurt, blueberries, sometimes quinoa fingers or wheat free toast with nut butter. Lunch is generally cucumber, tomato, carrot (salad type food) and tofu, dinner is varied but usually legumes and veggies are the main component. If I feel he needs snacks he has wheat free crackers with hummus or fruit. So he has a vegan and wheat free diet (as do I currently) and is thriving. People always comment on how chubby he is!
In terms of EC (Elimination Communication), he wees on the potty each night before our shower/bath. We usually have a good two hours of nappy free time although since Fiji DS has had some tummy trouble and we havent been able to do this indoors. I'm sure he associates the potty with wee's (occasionally poos) and there is no pressure on him so I am confident of our small success. I even purchased his first pair of undies!
Sleeping, ah that old chestnut! Well Riv has finally managed to cut down to two sleeps daily...when they are varies but it seems to be in the morning and early afternoon. He feeds to sleep or falls asleep in the car and can usually be transferred into bed. Since Fiji we have been only co-sleeping as this is the easier option for me when DH is away at work. We will start placing him back in his cot when our schedule become a little more consistent. He wakes 2-5 times a night and can often be cuddled back to sleep or he feeds...to be honest I dont always fully wake up and have little memory of it in the morning. Many of you would be aghast at this sleeping pattern, but as I always say, this suits us at this time so it's not anyone elses place to judge :)
That about raps up my River update!
Well, I am still loving CrossFit
Over the last few weeks I have had some ripper kickstarts come in, I'm looking forward to taking on some new clients. Some have really challenged me to do homework, others have just been so enjoyable to share my passion with. It's always nice because I tell you what I quite often doubt myself...sometimes I dont even know what I bring to the table. It's hard in an industry where you have the people that come in, can sell PT and not necessarily know anything about training or the lifestyle in encompasses and then the people (like me) that arent natural sales people, dont do this for the money, genuinely want to help people but often times give too much. Unfortunately I am very dependent on validation from others which means I can easily get cut down, spiral into self-doubt and want to give up. But I've also had the pleasure of being complimented on my physique after baby, my honesty and commitment, and I've watched my clients achieve amazing things, feeling and looking better than ever with my help.
Challenge of the week strrrrrrrettttttcccccchhhhhhhh. Go on do it, get off to yoga class, go see a PT, do some stretching with your partner or a girlfriend. Oh, and dont eat too many Easter eggs!!
Cheers & Giggles