Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2012

back to the daily grind

Please excuse my sporadic attempts to keep my blog updated...I am back in Australia although I left my soul on a sandy tropical island in Fiji.



Upon my return (to work and to uni) I have faced a few "spanners" which a few years ago would have sent me in a spiral of negativity and woe-is-me behaviour. Thank goodness for the good things in life! So unfortunately I cannot complete my final year of university off campus...this is rather inconvenient as uni is a half hour trek in good traffic and the parking costs are rather heavy. More over, I need to rely on someone else to mind my gorgeous boy 3-6 extra hours a week which we all know I dont really enjoy. On top of this a few work issues have seen me battle "the man" which could have back fired drastically although I believe things have been resolved.

All I can say is that there is a reason I'm doing this. I work to put food on the table...good, wholesome, organic, vegan food. I study so that my knowledge can help my clients, empower people from Aus to Canada and Belfast (come on guys I know you must check out the blog sometimes!), and lead me to a profession that combines my passions and has further reaching positive effects.
On with the show.

Thanks to my holiday I have decided to decrease my "screen time", not an easy feat when you blog, attend university and are slightly addicted to social media. Whilst you are surfing the net check out www.mobilitywod.com  http://www.yogaindailylife.org.au/ and http://www.crossfit.com/ my latest interests, and http://www.gefreeaustralia.org/images/PCALL.pdf to make a small difference.

A few other things to jot down today include the sadness in Jimmy Stynes passing. What a gun that man was. May your thoughts be with his friends and family.
On a lighter note, my baby sister turns 21 this week, she had her braces removed today and looks stunning. She is another person that really makes an impact on almost everyone she meets, I am very lucky to have her in my life.

My homework for you all today is inspired by a conversation this morning. I would like you to take a moment to think about WHAT YOU WANT. In life, in health, in your day...what do you want to achieve by 7pm this evening, by this time next week, next year? Today I want to read topic 1&2 with accompanying quizzes, inspire my little movers at tonight's dance class, dance beautifully at ballet and be patient with my husband and son. We all just have to realise that "the difference between a dream and a goal is a plan".

Cheers & Giggles
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment