Pages

Saturday 3 March 2012

Bula!!!

For those of you reading this for fitness inspiration: my challenge to you today is to PUSH yourselves. Yesterday I confused my workout...I thought that 200m was equal to 2km...and my Xfit workout from Eric was 200m sprint, 20 squats, 10 pushups, 5 rounds. And as I started to run my 2km, I thought there is NO WAY I can do that...so I ran 1km each time and completed 4 rounds in 30mins. Ladies & gents, I am NOT a runner so for me that is an amazing feat! So, calculate incorrectly, go further than you planned, give it everything you've got and I promise you will feel awesome. I also tried to do some headstands on the uphill part of the sandy beach, it ended like this:


with alot of sand in my hair!

So for those of you wanting to know about my honeymoon, Fiji is brilliant although not 100% what I expected. It is extremely difficult to be a vegan here which surprised me, there isn't as much fruit & veg as I thought would be available. So I have relaxed my diet abit and definitely can tell :s
The poverty here is also really bad. We went into town today to Sigatoka and were really confronted by the lack of resources and the amount of people, I actually think that the villages might be better off without any "western" influences. The Fijian people seem to be very friendly while the Indian people seem to be slightly less tolerant/accommodating to travellers. It must be hard and I can see why people would resent tourists. We got stuck at the worst restaurant where River kicked up an absolute stink (he must have felt the creepy vibes too) and I was positively appalled at the host when he suggested that he could give River a bottle of formula so I could get a massage. Um...no effing way.

Which leads me to my next point. While Fiji is touted as a family friendly destination, I have only run into ONE other breastfeeding mum. It seems more like "here babysit my kids while I get pissed" than "welcome parents who want to holiday WITH your children". It is for this reason I can see myself coming back here when my kids are in primary school *wink, wink!

Anyway I'm off for a snorkel and a sunbathe.

Cheers & Giggles
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment