Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

Breathe.

Once again I am reminded to do this.



It seems to me that I'm constantly working, that I'm never able to just "be". And I know that it is my own doing, I am addicted to being busy and I love my work, but sometimes it would be nice not to have to schedule a day where I "relax at least for one hour" and to just relax!
It was a stinking hot night and far too sticky to sleep, we have one fan and for DS first sleep both it and he are in their own room. So I began to fret about all the upcoming events. Thinking it a good idea I broke the upcoming months into sections:

The next 4weeks entail: work, study, training and dance with Sunday's off to plan wedding things.
The wedding & honeymoon comprise the following two weeks, then three weeks back into the swing of things before a two week break from dance. When it came to looking at the ten week period between April 16th-29th June, I just about had a cow! Somewhere during that time I am meant to organise a first birthday party, and continue to work, run a dance school, dance, complete my last year of uni and write, while being an attached mummy!! The worst part is that is only halfway through the year.

SO. How do we do it? How do we achieve the perfect balance, is there such a thing? Unfortunately I am one of those people who feel guilty when they stop doing things. I feel like I need to keep working on and improving my life, making other people feel good about themselves, sharing my knowledge, empowering people to be their best...I do all this because I know the rewards are great. My life is good because it is FULL of good things, knowledge from studying, friendships, health, activity and achievement. When a client feels more confident in themselves, that is a job well done. When a student can not stop practicing the steps, that is a job well done. When my friends know they can call me because I will listen and care, that is a job well done. And when my son has grown healthy, strong, secure and happy, that is my job well done.

It is impossible to live without making mistakes, and feeling like crap. Some days I am a horrid nasty swamp creature who hates everything and blames everyone else for everything wrong in my life. But these days are rare. If we think positive, it attracts positive. My challenge to you all today is too try to be grateful for the things in your life, to try to see things with your optimistic glasses on, to forgive yourself and LEARN from your stuff ups, and to CHANGE whatyou need to.

Cheers & Giggles
xx

"I do not wish to treat friendships daintily, but with the roughest courage. When they are real, they are not glass threads or frost-work, but the solidest thing we know." Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment